Monday, April 16, 2007

EIT EXAM

I am preparing myself to take the EIT/FE exam in October. This means I will need to learn some pretty intense mathematics before then. I don't have a formal engineering education as someone who has a bachelors in landscape architecture and 74 credits towards a masters in construction management most of my knowledge with building science came from experience. I have worked for a couple of great firms, a sole proprietor who taught me loads about construction and got my hands dirty in the field actually constructing stuff. The other firm arguably the premier building science firm in the US and Canada. Based in Vancouver and has the brightest minds in building science working directly for them including me. I don't want to mention them because I think they have there reputation to protect and having me work for them may tarnish it.

I have prepared for the Engineers In Training Exam by creating a schedule and studying each day a different section until I have a fundamental knowledge of all the sections on the test. I feel that the test is made to separate the men from the boys and is a necessary step to becoming a professional engineer. I am lucky that they are giving me the chance to take the test. I thought it would take longer for me to acquire the experience but my education must have made a significant impact.

I will try to keep those of you that are reading this blog up to date on the progress as I go through the study materials and prepare for the test.

Thanks

1 comment:

The Best Years said...

Nathan, I am very proud of your accomplishments...please edit the part about not mentioning your company name as having you work for them might tarnish their reputation..they are lucky to have such a dedicated and talented young man working for them. I love you very much!

Mom